Electronic Fingerprints from Outside Canada
Electronic processing significantly reduces processing times when there is no match to an RCMP fingerprint holding. Electronic fingerprint submissions to the RCMP are not currently available outside of Canada. Ink fingerprints must be sent to an accredited company within Canada like, Pacific Fingerprint Services Inc. (PFSI).
Once we have received your inked fingerprints we are able to digitize them using an Orenex Cardscan system and submit them electronically to the RCMP (CCRTIS).
Please download our instruction package and follow the step by step instructions: Download Instructions
International Fingerprint Submission for an RCMP Police Certificate
PFSI will process your prints the same day they are received and the RCMP will have the results certified and in the mail within 72 hours. We will e-mail you a confirmation of submission receipt once your fingerprints have been received and digitized. Payment is $189.00 CDN via Visa or Mastercard (Credit Card Authorization is attached) and is processed only when we have received your inked prints in our offices in Canada.
To conduct a certified criminal record check we require;
1. Full set of original ink fingerprints taken by a police department or embassy, including both rolled and flat impressions of all ten fingers. (We can accept Livescan fingerprints captured electronically and printed onto paper if they are taken and certified by an accredited police force.)
2. Passport style photo.
3. Reason for the request.
Clearly indicate the reason for your certified criminal record check:
- Adoptions – Canadian and International
- Foreign travel/Employment – Visas, U.S. Waivers, Border Crossing, Work, Immigration to foreign countries (all countries except Canada)
- Employment in Canada*
- Volunteer work*
- Applications for Canadian Citizenship
- Applications to obtain criminal record to apply for a Record Suspension (Pardon)
- Name Change
- Non-Certified Criminal Info
- Record Suspension
- Other (provide details ie. RCMP National Repository Entire Holdings)
*Applications for employment or volunteer work in Canada must specify the job title or position sought.
** In December 2018 United States Immigration authorities started requesting applications for immigration to the United States have their fingerprint search done under the Canadian Privacy Act – RCMP National Repository Entire Holdings. All Privacy Act police certificates are mailed by the RCMP directly to the applicatnt’s address, they cannot be sent to a 3rd Party.
4. Completed 3rd Party Consent Form (please see attached documentation)
5. Photocopies of 2 x pieces of Government issued identification one of which must have your picture on it.
All police certificates are mailed by the RCMP directly to the address you have specified within 72 hours of being submitted electronically. Pacific Fingerprints has no control over when the certificates will be received, nor can we tell if they have been mailed out. Wait times for criminal record checks vary depending on many different factors such as:
- The number of applications received at different times of the year
- The amount of manual processing related to the application
- Delivery destination and quality of mail service
Typical delivery times for certificates mailed by the RCMP are approximately 15-20 business days for international clients and 7-10 days within Canada. These are average times only.
NOTE: When there is a match to a criminal holding (you do not have a criminal record) or when manual processing is required, processing time can take up to or exceed 120 days.
We recommend you send your documentation to us via courier, civil product results (Certified Criminal Record) will not be sent by the RCMP via courier. The RCMP only sends results by regular mail.
If the application requiring the Canadian Police Certificate is time sensitive then I would recommend you have the results returned to us (name Pacific Fingerprint Services on the 3rd Party Consent form), we will e-mail you a copy of your certificate and courier the original certificate to any location you specify. The cost for this service varies according to destination and the carrier. If you need this service, please provide a delivery address and we will provide you with the cost of courier delivery.
If you have further questions, please don’t hesitate to contact us.
Verify the status of your application
Canadian Criminal Real Time Identification Services (CCRTIS) received a high volume of requests and replies to them in the order they are received. Contact CCRTIS at email@example.com, only if your application has taken longer than the processing times indicated. Even if you submit your fingerprints electronically, there may still be manual processes involved. Processing times vary depending on different factors such as the number of applications received at different times of the year, the amount of manual processing related to your application and/or the reason for the application.
Provide the following information:
- Your full name
- Your date of birth
- The date your application was submitted to CCRTIS
- Provide the reason for the criminal record check
- A phone number where you can be reached on weekdays during the day
- The document control number (DCN)